Five players from the top two Spanish league has been tested positive for coronavirus, La Liga confirmed on Sunday.
Players in the Spanish top flight and Segunda divisions are allowed to carry out individual work on the training ground last week.
This step is the beginning of the training program staggered, with the aim to restart the competitive game in mid-June.
La Liga insisted identify players who were infected through positive test is part of that plan.
Five players who have not been officially named, will now be quarantined at home and tested again “in the coming days”.
They will be allowed to rejoin their club training program only after getting two negative test results in a row.
A league statement read: “Among La Liga Santander and La Liga SmartBank (Segunda) clubs, five positive cases detected in the player, they were all asymptomatic and in the final stages of the disease.”
“One goal of these medical tests, according to the protocol of La Liga to return to training, in accordance with the recommendations of the CSD (the Supreme Council of Sports) and the Ministry of Health, precisely in order to detect currency or without symptoms, that is, people who are infected and that, without presenting symptoms, they can infect other people, “the statement added.
“In this way, we ensure the safety of everyone when he returned to work in accordance with the regulatory risk of the job.”
La Liga training plan includes player initially carry out work individually and then develop into small groups and ended up taking part in a larger team.
Barcelona players who returned for their first session on Friday while Real Madrid will be back on Monday.
Medical protocols for rigorous training and including players arrive has changed, and at certain times to avoid contact with other people.
They were wearing masks and gloves, and have their temperature taken before entering the premises. At the end of the training, they take a fresh kit bag for the next day and a bath in the house.
The league has not officially announced the time for the resumption of competitive matches despite Leganes coach Javier Aguirre said last week proposed date is June 20.
It can be in accordance with the program that de-escalation of the Spanish government, which includes outdoor events were allowed to go ahead in their fourth and final stage, as long as they are attended by less than 400 people.
football match is expected to be staged behind closed doors for several months.
La Liga president Javier Tebas says “it is not an option” to cancel on low given the economic collapse he expects will cost the club around a billion euros ($ 1.08 billion).
But the third and fourth levels in Spain will finish their season, as confirmed by the Spanish soccer federation (RFEF) said on Wednesday. By contrast, the promotion will be decided by a play-off and there will be no relegations